Thanks for checking out my website!
If you are looking for a professional, full time wedding officiant you have come to the right place. I’m passionate making your ceremony emotionally moving, and unforgettable for you and your guests.
Also, I am available 365 days a year and conduct more weddings (around 250/yr.) than any other minister in North Georgia.
Let’s start be seeing what couples like you say about having me as their officiant…
Happy Couples Praising Rev. Rick:
About Rev. Rick Durham:
How do you get from corporate America to wedding ceremonies?
I believe that life should be about doing what you enjoy, not just making money. For 25 years I lived the corporate life, traveled the world and made great money. But something was missing in my life…
In 2003 the opportunity came to leave the international business life behind with a nice package. I “retired” to North Georgia to assist my wife Cyndi with her new wedding business… Cavender Castle.
Over the next couple of years I observed other ministers as as they conducted weddings at Cavender Castle in Dahlonega, Georgia. With my background in sales and public speaking, I was amazed at how boring most of the ceremonies were. And, worse than that, most officiants did nothing to personalize their ceremony for the couple they were marrying.
I knew I could do better.
So I did my homework and became ordained as a non-denominational minister.
Through that process I learned not only how to make a marriage legal, but how to make the ceremony touching, memorable, and meaningful to my brides, grooms and all their guests.
More importantly I learned how to celebrate the relationship being honored on that day. It’s not just about the bride, or the groom… its about their relationship.
I started out with baby steps doing a few small ceremonies at Cavender Castle. It quickly became really clear… I had found my calling!
I polished my new craft and quickly began officiating larger weddings. Word started to spread without any advertising. .Suddenly, I was being asked to do weddings all over North Georgia and even a Destination Wedding in Mexico.
Today to do around 200 weddings a year all around the Southeast and Caribbean. Most are at wedding venues, but I also officiate Elopements and Intimate Weddings at Waterfalls and Cabins. But no matter how large or small a wedding I do, each one is unique and special. I put just as much preparation into a simple Elopement that I do for a large wedding of 300. Everyone deserves my best effort to make the wedding meaningful and special.
I also believe that there should be no surprises on your wedding day. After you are booked on my calendar I will provide you with access to my ground breaking Online Ceremony Builder which allows you to have total control over the style, feel, wording, and prayers/readings for your ceremony. The Builder is easy to use, and give you 100% control over your ceremony. I am not aware of any other Officiant who has a tool like this. The result is… no surprises on your wedding day!
Sound interesting? Give me a call today and let’s make arrangements to share a cup of coffee. I would love to learn more about you and how we can work together to create a Perfect Wedding Ceremony!
How It Works:
How it works with Reverend Rick…
The planning process can vary depending upon where you live and how soon your are getting married. However, generally speaking here is the typical flow of how I work with my couples:
First: Initial emails and telephone calls to begin our relationship. Through this process I learn the the information needed to personalize your ceremony such as how you met, why you are getting married, your passions, and background information that will enable me to personalize your ceremony and make it unique.
Second: I provide you with access to my Online Ceremony Planner where you can easily create a ceremony that reflects the style and wording you desire for your wedding.
Third, I am here as a resource providing you with guidance leading up to your wedding day.for all things related to your wedding including:
- Obtaining your marriage license
- The length of the ceremony
- How to involve children and parents in the ceremony
- Place to stay or eat after the ceremony
- Lodging during your wedding trip
- And anything else you need to make your wedding stress free!
Or, call Rev. Rick at 706-654-6268
Why Rev. Rick Durham?
Ok, so why do so many couples select Rev. Rick Durham to officiate their wedding?
Here are a few reasons:
- They want to be married by a full-time officiant who is a professional and charismatic. Someone who can bring their ceremony to life!.
- They want a customized wedding ceremony that fits their style and beliefs.
- So many couples today attend large mega-churches where developing a personal relationship with their pastor is not practical. They want a traditional Christian ceremony, but need to go outside their church to do so.
- One (or both) members is in the process of reconnecting spiritually. There is a need for touches of faith to be included in the ceremony, without the trappings of a traditional denominational service.
- They want a civil (non-religious) ceremony, but don’t want to go the their local courthouse.
- They are planning a same-sex or LBGT ceremony
- They come from vastly different backgrounds or faiths, where a unique and highly customized ceremony is appropriate.
- They need an officiant who is willing to travel.
Rev Rick is also a proud member of the International Association of Professional Wedding Officiants:
Or, call Rev. Rick at 706-654-6268